Access Sailing has developed a complete system of sailcraft and related equipment which removes all barriers to going sailing. This includes five models of boats and a full range of ancillary equipment.
Access sailcraft are unique due to several original design features:
1. Roller reefing system, enabling the sailor to adjust the size of the sail to suit various conditions while under way.
2. Ballasted centreboard, ensuring the dinghy is almost impossible to capsize.
3. Hull design – the innovative concave hull shape of the 2.3, 303 and Liberty promotes additional stability.
4. Seating low down in the boat lowers the centre of gravity and adds more stability.
5. The servo assist option opens up sailing to all people as this joystick can be controlled by hand, foot, chin, or any moving body part. This is a revolution, allowing even people with very profound disabilities to participate alongside their able-bodied counterparts.